Blue Flag certification is an internationally approved eco-label granted by the “Foundation for Environment Education in Denmark” founded on 33 stringent criteria. The most important criterion of the blue flag beach is cleanliness because, as per FEE, neat and clean beaches indicate that the coastal region and environment are in good health. Thus, the FEE certified the blue flag to India’s conservation and sustainable advancement efforts.
The Environment Minister informed that there are 8 blue flag beaches in India and yet several more to be awarded Blue Flag certification. Also, he mentioned that cleaning the beaches needs to be carried out under “Jan Andolan” not just for its aesthetic ethics or for tourism perspectives but also to reduce marine litter’s menace to make a coastal region sustainable.
Blue Flag Beaches List in India:
- Kappad (Kerala)
- Shivrajpur (Gujarat)
- Ghoghla (Diu)
- Kasarkod (Karnataka)
- Padubidri (Karnataka)
- Rushikonda (Andhra Pradesh)
- Golden (Odisha)
- Radhanagar (Andaman & Nicobar Islands)
Now, as you know the importance of blue flag beaches, you must be curious about visiting them once. So we are here, with their whereabouts and convenience sources to help ease your difficulty reaching them. Invest a minute in the below-given list not to waste hours when visiting them.
Nearest transportations of all blue flag beaches in India
Shivrajpur beach is near to the village Shivrajpur, located in the Dwarka of Gujarat. Shivrajpur beach is now become favorite beach destination in Gujarat The agency Foundation for Environment Education awarded Shivrajpur with the prestigious Blue flag beach certification in October 2020. The beach is famous for its white sand and crystal clear water.
- There are several railway stations near to Shivrajpur are, Dwarka station, Vadodara Jn. And Godhra Jn. In about 40-50 km from the beach.
- The nearest airports are Jamnagar Airport, 137 km from the beach and Vadodara airport, 45 km.
- Private transports like buses, cabs or taxis are directly available from Jamnagar as it is connected with the Dwarka highway.
Kappad, or Kappakadavu locally, is a beach near Koyilandy, at Kozhikode Kerela, India. The government installed a stone monument commemorates “landing” through Vasco da Gama as an inspiration, Kappakadavu, in 1498.
Also, in 2007, Kerela tourism minister “Kodiyeri Balakrishnan” launched the programme to beautify the beach, which has now been completed. The beach has a park and a comiche with the restroom, restraint and seating for the visitors.
- The nearest railway station is Koyilandy, 10 km from the beach.
- The closest airport is (CCJ) Calicut International Airport, about 25 km from the town of Kozhikode.
- Private transport like buses, taxi, and cabs are available from the main bus stand.
it is a beautiful and calm beach situated on the mainland. You can see Ghoghla beach as you enter Diu; the beach is named on its town name (Ghoghla.) it is the less crowded beach and a favourite of peace lovers. You can explore and enjoy several water sports on Ghoghla beach.
- The nearest airport is Diu Airport, 12.7 km from the beach.
- The nearest railway is Veraval railway station, 98.8 km from Ghoghla.
- Private transports like cars, buses, and taxis are available from Diu, and you can enjoy a short road trip.
Kasarkod is a village in Karnataka, and it is located in the taluk in Uttar Kannada. It is a 5km long strip beach with white sand that makes it beautiful and unique. It is an eco-friendly beach that encourages ecotourism from all over. The place is less crowded with scenic beauty that offers peace to the visitors. Kasargod is awarded with blue flag beach certification based on 33 criteria set by the international FEE agency.
- The nearest airport is Mangalore, 70 km from the beach.
- The nearest railway station is the Kasarkod railway station and Khanhangad railway station, 21 km from the beach.
- Public transport is not available to Kasarkod, but private taxis are.
it is one of the beautiful gems of coastal Karnataka, just as Kasarkod. The beach is known for its strong tides. Everyone enjoys visiting this beach as it serves many facilities like eatables and pubic washrooms.
- The nearest airport is Bajpe, 45 min from the beach.
- The nearest railway station is Padubidri and Nandikoor railway station.
- Private transports are available from the Padubidri bus stand.
Rushikonda is situated on the coast of the Bay of Bengal in Vishakhapatnam in Andhara Pradesh on Bheemli road. Rushikonda has been given blue flag certificate based on 33 criteria set by the international FEE agency and serves visitors with safety and facilities.
- The nearest airport is Vishakhapatnam Airport, 20. Km from the beach.
- The nearest railway station to Rushikonda is the Vishakhapatnam railway station, 12.1 km from the beach.
- Private buses, taxis and cars are also available on this beach.
it is known as a natural urban beach, located on the shore of the Bay of Bengal at Puri in Odisha. It is a big tourist attraction of Chennai as it is perfect for fishing, swimming, and boating because the water of this beach is calm.
- The nearest airport is Brisbane International airport, 62.3 km from the beach.
- The closest railway station to Golden beach is Puri Railway station, 0.9 km from the beach.
- Private taxis, cars, and buses are available to Golden beach, taking you to the nearby beaches.
it is located on the western coast of Andaman Nicobar, one of Havelock Island’s most beautiful and popular tourist attractions. Radhanagar is known for its turquoise blue water, lush green forest, and white sand.
- The nearest airport is Savarkar airport, 68 km from the beach
- Port Blair is also one beat airport, 3 hours from Radhanagar.
This article discussed the blue flag beaches, which all 8 beaches are certified with blue flag certification also, the major 33 criteria set by an agency of FEE for blue flag beaches. Also, as per the words of the Environment Minister, several other beaches would get blue flag certification in the upcoming few years because it is important to improve the sustainability of the coastal environments. So explore and enjoy with ease because now know how to reach every blue flag beach.