Introduction of Leh Ladakh
Leh Ladakh is also known as The adventure capital of the country. Leh Ladakh is located in Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh is also known as the cold desert. All Indian Bikers wish to once travel in Leh Because of its amazing experience with nature and Bike riding in Leh. Leh atmosphere is pretty cool and Impressive. In Leh top three highest mountain passes in the world. Leh is a very popular destination for those who love travel, Adventure sports, and Solo travel.
Well In this blog we will Guide How to reach Leh, Bag packaging preparation, How to Getting Innerline Permits, Accommodation in Leh, Accommodation, in Leh for bikers, Travel Map of Leh Ladakh and Much more things you should know for Leh Ladakh trip.
Bag packaging for Leh Trip
While traveling to Leh Ladakh, I would highly suggest taking all your essentials along and gadgets. Here is a list of things to carry for Leh Ladakh trip. I suggest you carry all these things.
- Sunglasses and a sun hat is a must
- snack and Water bottle
- printout of all your tickets and reservations
- Other essentials – Power bank, Mosquito repellent
Specially Packing Essentials for Bikers
All Bikers who plan to trip to Leh Ladakh must carry these things for better riding and these accessories make your trip better.
- Bike PUC – Pollution Under Control Certificate
- INDIAN DRIVING LICENSE + IDENTITY PROOF
- VEHICLE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE – For Xerox Copies
- INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE + PASSPORT + VISA (For International)
- FULL FACE HELMET
- GLOVES/ MUFFLERS/ WARM CAP
- RIDING GLOVES
- COTTON/ TOWEL SOCKS
- RAIN GEAR
- SLEEPING BAG
- STRAP-ON SANDALS/ FLOATER/ CROCS/ SLIPPER
- TANK BAG
- RIDING BOOTS
- EXTRA PAIR OF SHOES
- A DIARY WITH A PEN IF YOU NOTE SOMETHINGS.
- A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER
- PHONE AND CHARGER
- LUGGAGE CARRIER / PANNIER – FOR ROYAL ENFIELD RIDER
How to reach Leh Ladhak
Leh Ladakh is also known as Adventure capital of India. And especially for a road trip. Well, you can reach Leh by many ways like.
- By Air
- By train
- By Bus
- By bike
1) By Air
Well, You can reach Leh by air and the nearest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport located in Leh. This airport is connected with many Indian airports like Mumbai, Delhi, and Ahmedabad. In Leh airport security is high so I recommend you can carry a hard copy of all your documents.
2) By Train
You can reach Leh also At Indian train and nearest railway station is Tawi and Its 700 KM away from Leh. This railway station is connected with many Indian cities like Delhi, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata.
3) By Bike
Well, Most tourists have chosen a Bike because of bike riding is the best experience in Leh. If you plan to travel to Leh via bike then you have chosen two highways and One is Leh – Srinagar Highway. and second is Leh – Manali Highway.
Distance from Top Cities to Ladakh
- Mumbai and Ladakh: 1736 km
- Srinagar and Ladakh: 255 km
- Rishikesh and Ladakh: 456 km
- Jaipur and Ladakh: 825 km
- Lamayuru and Ladakh: 125 km
- Delhi and Ladakh: 1239 km
- Kolkata and Ladakh: 1661 km
- Ahmedabad to Ladakh: 1941 KM
- Agra to Ladakh: 1225 KM
Permit & Passport for Leh Ladakh Trip
For traveling to Leh, There is no permit for Indian traveler. But for International traveler needed a permit when they especially traveling by road. Registration can be done at Rumtse, Drass, and Sarchu. Those who travel by air should get their registration done at the Leh airport. You can get this travel permit from local travel agencies.
Best Hotel in Ladakh
- The Zen Ladakh
- Grand Himalaya – Luxury Hotel | Best Hotel in Leh Ladakh
- Hotel Singge Palace – Luxury Hotel | Best Hotel in Ladakh
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh
- Hotel Ladakh Himalayan Retreat – Best Hotels in Ladakh
- Omasila Hotel
- Hotel Nalanda Ladakh
- Hotel Shaolin Ladakh – Best Hotels in Ladakh
- Ladakh Residency
- Hotel Royal Ladakh
Petrol pump in Leh Ladhak
All biker have to need to know where is nearest petrol pump in Leh Ladakh.
- Leh – Pangong Tso – Tso Moriri – Leh = 650 – 700 KMs
- Leh – Tso Moriri – Tso Kar – Sarchu – Keylong – Manali = 550 KMs
- Leh – Nubra Valley – Pangong Tso – Leh via Wari La = 600 – 650 KMs
- Leh – Nubra Valley – Pangong Tso – Tso Moriri – Leh = 900 – 950 KMs
- Leh – Hanle – Tso Moriri – Tso Kar – Sarchu – Keylong – Manali = 700 KMs
- Leh – Nubra Valley – Pangong Tso – Hanle – Tso Moriri – Leh = 1025 – 1075 KMs
- Leh – Karu – Rumtse – Taglang La – Sarchu – Keylong – Tandi – Manali = 350 – 400 KMs
- Leh – Pangong Tso – Tso Moriri – Tso Kar – Sarchu – Keylong – Tandi – Manali = 900 – 950 KMs
- Leh – Pangong Tso – Hanle – Tso Moriri – Tso Kar – Sarchu – Keylong – Tandi – Manali = 1025 – 1075 KMs
Best Places to visit in Leh Ladakh
Here are list of Best places to visit in Leh Ladakh.
- Pangong Lake
- Shanti Stupa
- Tso Moriri Lake
- Leh Palace
- Khardung La Pass
- Magnetic Hill
- Nubra Valley
- Whitewater rafting
- Namgyal Tsemo Gompa
- Changtang Wildlife Sanctuary
Taxi and Cab Cost in Leh Ladakh 2018
|Leh to Sham valley to Leh||Same day||Rs. 3250/-||Rs. 3700/-|
|Leh to Lamayuru to Leh||Same day||Rs. 6200/-||Rs. 7100/-|
|Leh to Manali drop||2 days||Rs. 21500/-||Rs. 24500/-|
|Leh to Pangong Tso to Leh||Same day||Rs. 8650/-||Rs. 10000/-|
|Leh to Pangong Tso to Leh||2 days||Rs. 10300/-||Rs.12000/-|
Travel Map of Leh Ladhak